In the world of diseases, diabetes is no longer considered a rare disease. In fact, it has become so common that if you go and discuss, then almost every 2 of 6 people would be suffering from diabetes. If the studies are to be believed, then almost 50 million people from all over India are suffering from the disease.
Best Way To Treat Or Control Diabetes
However, the scariest part is that not many know what kind of danger they are facing regularly. Hence, it is important that before knowing how to treat or control diabetes, we should first discuss what it exactly is.
What is Diabetes?
When the sugar levels in an individual’s blood get elevated, then he or she is known to be suffering from diabetes. Insulin has an important role in a human body because it is insulin which when broken down by the body is used as energy which is further transported to the cells. Primarily, there are two reasons why a person may be suffering from diabetes.
Firstly, it can happen when your body stops producing insulin and secondly, it can be when the body stops responding to the insulin that it produces. There are two types of diabetes- Type I and Type II diabetes. Now, let us know about them too.
- Type I diabetes is an autoimmune disease that occurs when the body of an individual becomes partially or completely unable to produce insulin.
- In this type of diabetes, your immune system will attack the pancreas which is responsible for producing insulin in your body, thereby ultimately making it difficult for the pancreas to produce insulin.
- Type I diabetes is prone to occur in people below the age of 20 years and this is also why it is also commonly known as juvenile diabetes.
- Another important fact about type I diabetes is that it cannot be prevented. It can just be controlled by following a healthy lifestyle.
- The main cause behind type II diabetes is insulin resistance.
- In the case of type II diabetes, the pancreas produces insulin but your body is unable to properly respond to it. Other than there can be many reasons behind type II diabetes. Some of the common reasons behind the disease are being overweight, having a poor diet, hormonal imbalance, overstressed, high blood pressure, reaction of certain medication or leading an unhealthy lifestyle.
- In comparison to type I diabetes, type II diabetes is more common in India.
- It is believed that people above the age of 40 years are more prone to be prey to type II diabetes.
- However, the good news is that type II diabetes can be reversed.
How to deal with diabetes?
Diabetes can bring many problems on a daily basis but if you really want to keep your diabetes in control and want to treat it, then you must make some healthy lifestyle changes. Eating well, being active and living a healthy lifestyle are the only ways through which you can win over diabetes.
What are the best ways to treat or control diabetes?
Other than taking regular medication, adopting a healthy lifestyle can help you greatly in fighting diabetes.